Here’s why this role matters to us
As Director of Engineering, Identity, you will lead the two engineering teams of 18+ engineers building Microblink’s renowned Identity suite of products. Success in this role means creating a technical direction, growing and developing engineering teams, and driving execution in our flagship category of products.
You will lead multiple teams consisting of C++, mobile, full-stack, DevOps & QA engineers in multiple offices, primarily in our Croatian office in Zagreb. You will also be responsible for partnering with our AI business unit, where we build core ML capabilities.
Microblink’s Identity suite of products is used by hundreds of millions of end users and 500+ businesses to simplify user onboarding, registration, and identity verification processes.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Lead a team of 18 members grouped into two smaller teams of engineers, QAs, DevOps and product managers. One team has a team leader who will report to you, and the other team (6 people) will be your direct reports
- Provide training and mentorship for all team members
- Conduct performance evaluations and development plans based on Microblink’s team development program
- Recruit additional talents when needed and create quarterly and yearly hiring plans based on business needs and team capacity
- Mentor and coach other engineering leaders to create leadership practices that suit Microblink's core values
- Understand and reduce the team’s cognitive load by prioritizing and simplifying tasks, and removing distractions
- Invest in processes and tools that enable the team in their work and increase their effectiveness and productivity
- Keep up with the latest industry and technology trends and continually upgrade team’s tools and engineering practices
You'll be successful in this role if you have
- A proven track record of managing high-performing engineering teams, preferably larger teams
- Experience in growing and leading engineering teams, including recruiting, performance management, professional and personal development
- Experience working in a fast-paced, product-centric scale-up environment
- Experience working in a global environment
- Previous senior or lead software engineer experience in an individual contributor role
- A good understanding of agile methodologies
- A willingness to travel and work across EST and CET time zones occasionally
A plus if you also
- Have a deep technical understanding of either mobile engineering, cross-platform C++, or AI
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to succinctly represent complex technical concepts to varied audiences and different levels of leadership
- Have worked on your leadership skills through any educational program
- Are Croatia-based, willing to relocate, or ready to travel regularly to meet the teams in person
Here’s what you’ll gain if you join us
- Your role will be crucial in creating better teams in Microblink’s flagship category
- This is a highly collaborative role. You’ll have the chance to learn from and influence a wide range of experts: software engineers, product managers, and the executive team based in the US, Croatia, and the Philippines
- Microblink owes its success to its people - that is why we offer equity participation to all our full-time employees so that we can grow together
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills through:
- Dedicated time for personal growth and adopting new skills
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Attending the world’s top conferences
- Online and live courses
- Our internal library that keeps growing, based on our needs and interests
- Your personal competency development plan, together with support from the committed team around you
- We take special care of our parent-team members. Benefit from:
- Financial support during your parental leave
- 100% paid sick leave to care for your kids
- Days off for important events like your kid’s 1st bday and their 1st days at school/kindergarten
- Opportunity to work part-time for a full salary in the 1st month after coming from parental leave
- You’ll have a flexible work arrangement that allows you to work from anywhere and adjust your work schedule in a way that works for you
- If you are a modern technology lover, we feel you. That’s why we offer you an additional individual budget for the tech equipment of your choice
- You’ll have an opportunity to take the lead as a front face in industry-specific networking events, talks, and panels
- Opportunity to travel to and work from our New York office
- Together with us, you will build extraordinary and future-oriented products for millions of end-users on all continents with constant growth!
- At Microblink, we nurture a culture that recognizes and rewards success and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from mistakes. Find out what it feels like to work at Microblink
How can you join us?
If this role interests you, do not hesitate to hit the apply button and send us your resume.
We are excited to meet talented people even if you don’t feel you match 100% of the requirements.
So don’t let that discourage you - get in touch with us, and we promise to get back to you.
Microblink LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, from hiring to the end of your business relationship with us. Accordingly, this job advertisement is equally applicable to all people, and Microblink will make a hiring decision based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws, as well as our internal policies and culture.