Here’s why this role matters to us
In Microblink R&D departments we value our people and technical excellence. And that is why Engineering Manager is a fundamental role that supports our engineers, grows our teams, and preserves Microblink’s values and culture. You will lead a team that builds our new product for document liveness verification, within the Identity department.
A little bit about us
Microblink is an AI company with expertise in machine learning. We create unique products and tools in digital identity and commerce with the desire to bring the benefits of AI to every person on earth. Our teams in Zagreb & New York touch hundreds of millions of people every year - over 700M identity documents processed and 3B in individual consumer purchases, in more than 60 countries around the world.
Tech stack in Microblink Identity includes C++, Java, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Jenkins, Terraform, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Elastic Search, ArgoCD.
Here’s what you’ll do
- From a strategy perspective you’ll:
- Make sure your team has strong ownership over products from a plan to delivery and support
- Align technology and product parts of the organization and contribute to goal setting, prioritization, road mapping, and agile processes
- Actively propose and implement improvements in internal processes and procedures within the team, department, and company
- From a team development perspective you’ll:
- Hire engineers and support their onboarding
- Develop, inspire, mentor, and support your team members to achieve their career goals while matching their strengths with project/product needs
- Create a positive team culture and safe to fail environment
- Create and execute hiring plans by hiring talent to strengthen the team and the company
- Make sure that your team has time for research, innovation, prototyping, and keeping pace with new technology trends
- Coach engineers in technical work as well as non-technical work like planning, delegation, communication & cross-functional work, project management, internal customer support, and interaction
Here’s what you need to be successful in this role
- Experience as an Engineering Manager or a similar senior-level position in an engineering department is a great background for this position. Besides that, experience in Project Management or Technical Leadership would also help you to excel in this role
- Having empathy for your team and helping them through challenges—both technical and personal
- Being a great communicator and not believing in over-communication
- Having a strong background in web applications development or working with C++
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- An additional plus (but not required) is if you also have some experience in any of the following
- mobile development
- docker containers and Kubernetes
Here’s what you’ll gain if you join us
- Your role will be leading a tech-savvy team and transforming it into a product-oriented success story
- This is a highly collaborative role. You’ll cooperate with a wide range of experts: engineering managers, software engineers, product owners, and the executive team based in Croatia and the US
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills through:
- Dedicated time for personal growth and adopting new skills
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Attending the world’s top conferences
- Online and live courses
- Our internal library keeps growing, based on our needs and interests
- Your personal competency development plan together with support from the committed team around you
- We take special care of our parent-team members. Financial support during your parental leave, 100% paid sick leave to care for your kids, days off for important events like your kid’s 1st bday and their 1st days at school/kindergarten, opportunity to work part-time for a full salary in the 1st month after coming from parental leave - those are just some of the benefits we offer to Microblink parents
- You’ll have a flexible work arrangement that allows you to work from anywhere and to adjust your work schedule in a way that works for you
- If you are a modern technology lover, we feel you. That’s why we offer you an additional individual budget for tech equipment of your choice
- Together with us, you will build extraordinary and future-oriented products for millions of end-users on all continents with constant growth!
- You’ll have an opportunity to take a lead as a front-face in industry-specific networking events, talks, and panels
- A chance to travel to our New York office
- At Microblink, we nurture a culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from mistakes. Why don't you take a look at what our engineers say?
How can you join us?
If this role intrigues you, do not hesitate to hit the apply button and send us your resume..
We are excited to meet talented people even if you don’t feel that you meet 100% of the requirements.
So don’t let that discourage you - get in touch with us and we promise to get back to you.