Here’s why this role matters to us
Machine learning is the backbone of every product in Microblink and because of that, each and every Machine Learning Engineer has a significant impact.
More than 11 years of working on complex ML problems taught us to invest heavily into our teams and infrastructure to enable a real data-driven development process. Today, our products are powered by more than 40 custom machine learning models constantly being updated on new data and running in real-time on millions of devices.
A little bit about us
Microblink is an AI company with expertise in computer vision and natural language processing. We create unique products and tools that bring the benefits of AI to every person on earth. With products in digital identity and commerce, Microblink touches hundreds of millions of people every year - over 700M identity documents processed and 3B in individual consumer purchases.
Here’s what you’ll do
Jokes about machine learning engineers spending 80% of their time cleaning data don't apply in Microblink; we have specialized teams that handle this by producing millions of annotations with the highest possible accuracy.
Production training, evaluation, and deployment are powered by our proprietary systems and development teams that aim to reduce manual overhead to the bare minimum and increase development speed to the maximum.
All this allows our machine learning engineers to focus purely on machine learning.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Lead research and development of new machine learning models that power future products and features
- Lead development and updates of machine learning models for production
- Perform independent machine learning research and potentially publish your work at a conference
- Work closely with experienced software engineers on our products and/or infrastructure
- Lead improvement and maintenance of machine learning codebase and processes
- Mentor mid-level and junior team members
- Collaborate with people in various roles, like Product owners, DevOps engineers, C++ developers, UX designers, etc.
- Learn, improve and develop your understanding of machine learning and software development
You'll be successful in this role if you
- Have an excellent understanding of machine learning in the domain of computer vision or text analysis
- Have at least four years of professional experience as an ML Engineer or equivalent
- Have strong knowledge and experience in writing sustainable, modular, and efficient code
- Have strong knowledge and experience with Python and essential development tools/technologies such as Git and Docker
- Have a good understanding of one of the machine learning libraries/frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Keep yourself in the loop with trends in AI
- Have great communication and English language skills (both written and spoken)
A plus is if you also have
- experience with agile methodologies
- experience in C++ development
- experience with continuous integration
- experience with DevOps technologies
Here’s what you’ll gain if you join us
- Microblink owes its success to its people, that is why we offer equity participation to all of our full-time employees so that we can grow together
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills through:
- Supportive but challenging team environment
- Work on the state-of-the-art research
- Attending the world’s top conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, ICCV, ICLR)
- Dedicated time for growth and adopting new skills
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Online and live courses
- Our internal library keeps growing, based on our needs and interests
- Your personal competency development plan together with support from the committed team around you
- We take special care of our parent-team members. Financial support during your parental leave, 100% paid sick leave to care for your kids, days off for important events like your kid’s 1st bday and their 1st days at school/kindergarten, opportunity to work part-time for a full salary in the 1st month after coming from parental leave - those are just some of the benefits we offer to Microblink parents
- You’ll have a flexible work arrangement that allows you to work from anywhere and to adjust your work schedule in a way that works for you
- If you are a modern technology lover, we feel you. That’s why we offer you an additional individual budget for tech equipment of your choice
- Together with us, you will build extraordinary and future-oriented products for millions of end-users on all continents with constant growth!
- You’ll have an opportunity to take a lead as a front-face in industry-specific networking events, talks, and panels
- Potential travels to the USA
- At Microblink, we nurture a culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from mistakes. Find out what it feels like to work at Microblink
How can you join us?
If this role intrigues you, do not hesitate to hit the apply button and send us your resume. We are excited to meet talented people even if you don’t feel that you meet 100% of the requirements.
So don’t let that discourage you - get in touch with us and we promise to get back to you.
Microblink LLC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization from hiring to the end of your business relationship with us. Accordingly, this job advertisement is equally applicable to all people and Microblink will make a hiring decision based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We prohibit discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws, as well as our internal policies and culture.