Is creativity your middle name? Do you sweat over inconsistent spacing? Do you consider yourself an outside-of-the-box thinker?
Sounds like you? Keep reading.
A little bit about us
Microblink is an AI company developing computer vision software for mobile and web apps. With over 3 billion documents processed a year, our technology makes life easier for our customers and, ultimately, more than 100 million end-users in 60+ countries.
Here’s why this role matters to us
Our Visual Designers play a major role in portraying the company by creating branding projects from the ground up. They provide support in marketing activities and communicate with stakeholders across multiple teams. Therefore, we are looking for an enthusiastic Visual Designer ready to create unique design concepts keeping in mind industry and emerging market trends.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Help shape and evolve visual language concepts that push the boundaries of the brand
- Create high-quality digital and print materials (illustrations, landing pages, presentations, booth designs, promo materials, animations…)
- Be a creative ambassador and ensure clear communication on design outputs
- Hold ownership of conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Sales, HR and Product teams to set and uphold high standards for design
- Coordinate and collaborate with external design agencies (from both Croatia and the US)
- Organize and maintain a design system, identify opportunities to simplify complexity and create self-service workflows
- Establish visual design standards, guidelines, processes and best practices
- Participate in internal design critiques, review final designs, share your ideas and suggest improvements
- Work with other Visual Designers to help each other learn and grow
You'll be successful in this role if you
- Have 5+ years of visual design experience
- Have an outstanding portfolio showcasing a neat and modern aesthetic for visual narratives, with proven examples of storytelling, illustration and animation
- Have exceptional knowledge of Adobe Suite and Figma
- Have a deep understanding of visual design standards, typography, iconography, composition and colors
- Have an ability to communicate with creative and production teams, articulate your vision and have ownership over your design decisions
- Are willing to solve problems by generating and iterating on multiple solutions
- Have experience working in fast-paced environments with the ability to manage workflow and deadlines for various projects running simultaneously
- Think of yourself as a team player, are always happy to share knowledge and are open to constructive feedback
- Are proficient in English, both written and spoken
A plus is if you also have
- Experience with web design
- Experience in 3D animation
- Experience with B2B software
Here’s what you’ll gain if you join us
- Your role will be crucial in creating an exceptional visual design in Microblink! It is your expertise that will shape Microblink's branding
- You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills through:
- Dedicated time for personal growth and adopting new skills
- Dedicated budget for professional development
- Attending the world’s top conferences
- Online and live courses
- Our internal library keeps growing based on our needs and interests
- Your personal competency development plan, together with support from the committed team around you
- We take special care of our parent-team members. Financial support during your parental leave, 100% paid sick leave to care for your kids, days off for important events like your kid’s 1st bday and their 1st days at school/kindergarten, opportunity to work part-time for a full salary in the 1st month after coming from parental leave - those are just some of the benefits we offer to Microblink parents
- If you are a modern technology lover, we feel you. That’s why we offer you an additional individual budget for tech equipment of your choice
- Together with us, you will build extraordinary and future-oriented products for millions of end-users on all continents with constant growth!
- You’ll have an opportunity to take a lead as a front-face in industry-specific networking events, talks, and panels
- Potential travels to the USA
- At Microblink, we nurture a culture that recognizes and rewards success, and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from mistakes. Find out what it feels like to work at Microblink
How can you join us?
If this role intrigues you, do not hesitate to hit the apply button and send us your resume along with your portfolio (file upload or link).
We are excited to meet talented people even if you don’t feel that you meet 100% of the requirements.
So don’t let that discourage you - get in touch with us and we promise to get back to you.