You want a student job that's well paid, but that also gives you the freedom to work when it's convenient for you? At the same time, you want a job that has lots of learning opportunities and is possibly the first step in your career in IT?
If so, the Student Data Annotator position at Microblink could be just what you're looking for.
Why Student Data Annotators matter to us
We are experts in machine learning, but the first step in machine learning is – machine teaching. And this is exactly what our Data Annotators do: teach machines how to recognize various images and documents. How so? ML algorithms feed on data, but humans first need to tell them what is what so that in the future, these algorithms can recognize the data on their own. So, without Data Annotators, our ML algorithms wouldn't know how to recognize them on their own, and our AI-based products wouldn't work.
A little bit about us
Microblink is an AI company with expertise in machine learning. We create unique products and tools in digital identity and commerce, and we aspire to bring the benefits of AI to every person on earth. If you join us, you'll become part of our global team (Zagreb, New York & Manilla). Together, you'll touch hundreds of millions of people every year - over 700 million identity documents and 3 billion receipts processed in more than 60 countries worldwide.
Here's what you'll do
- Mark collected data (such as logo, barcode, numbers, letters, etc.) on different types of documents and invoices using our unique software
- Check the correctness of the marked text
- Analyze and classify documents from all around the world
- Recognize and analyze visual artifacts and distortions in images
Your work hours will be flexible
- In the beginning, you will be working in shifts of 4 hours with the possibility of increasing to 6 or 8 hours - it's up to you and your availability.
- Choose any shift between Monday to Friday from 7 AM until 8 PM
For this position, no previous technical knowledge is needed! You'll be successful in this role if you…
- Are reliable, attentive, and responsible in your work
- Have a systematic approach to problems and an eye for details
- Have no problem with organizing your own time and priorities
- Have a basic knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Know the basics of the English language
- Have active student rights at least in the next six months
Why should you pursue a job as a student in the Data team? Here's what you'll gain if you join us.
Our students are invaluable members of the Microblink community. Many of our employees joined us in their university days and decided to stay full time. Because we know balancing exams, classes, and work duties is tough, we want to go the extra mile to support you.
- Hourly rate of 32 HRK, which grows according to a clearly defined career plan and metrics.
- The possibility of remote work according to business and team requirements and needs.
- Vacation days - you'll get two weeks of paid vacation after your 1st Microblink anniversary.
- Internal educations: You'll have access to in-company training programs, such as soft skills workshops and knowledge-sharing sessions, based on your job requirements.
- Access to English language course, after which you get a fully recognizable language certificate of completion
- Extra education resources - you'll get an opportunity to use additional education resources based on your position needs. That includes, but is not limited to - participating in paid conferences and courses related to your field of work.
- Internal library - if you love expanding your knowledge and horizons through reading, request a book and find it on the shelf! And feel free to borrow any book from there.
- Budget for work equipment - you'll get a budget for additional tech equipment after your 1st Microblink anniversary.
- Hassle-free student contracts - no more standing in line in SC! We take administration off your hands and handle your student contracts.
- Full kitchen equipment - prepare yourself a healthy breakfast or snack with our smoothie maker (and ingredients like free fruits and oats). And enjoy coffee, tea & Cedevita whenever you want.
- Closed parking for bikes and office space for electric scooters.
- A culture that recognizes and rewards success and is not afraid to try, fail and learn from mistakes. Find out what it feels like to work at Microblink. Also, you can read more about What’s it like being a Student Data Annotator at Microblink here.
After you click the Apply button…
…you will be answering pre-selection questions through which we want to get a better impression of you and your motivation for working at Microblink. Pre-selection questions also help us to get back to everyone with feedback as soon as possible. Please write your answers in English.
The next step will be a one-hour online selection task and a short online interview to get to know you better.
At the very beginning, you will go through a two-week educational period in our Zagreb office in the morning or afternoon shift (according to the agreement with the candidates).
The September selection process has already started - but don't worry! The planned start of the next selection process is mid-October. Apply now, and we will get back to you by then!
We are excited to meet you!